Neko III is a muscular descendant of Neko in the original Enigmata I. He's the player's commander and instructor in the sequel, Enigmata: Genu's Revenge.
In Enigmata: Genu's Revenge.Edit
In Enigmata: Genu's Revenge, Neko III is the player's commander/instructor and is also the manager of Neko's Shop (though it's unknown if he founded the chain of shops himself or not, because Neko's Shop can actually be an inherited chain from his grandfather Neko). When the player first starts the game, he offers the player a tutorial which the player can choose to participate or not. After that, he's also usually the one who briefly describes the mission and the boss of the level for the players (though, in many occasions, the bosses are introduced by the villains themselves instead). He's very energetic, but has also shown to be a bit arrogant, as he often looks down on Genu's army and mocks the later bosses after the player managed to defeat the first few bosses.
- "Neko" means "cat" in Japanese.
- The Neko's Amazatron and the Nekon Attacks may be references to him.
- And in some extents, Nekron may be derived from his name, too, though the sole reason why they're related is maybe because they're both green...
- It's possible he's a reference to a cat-like character who's also named Neko in Secret of Mana. The Neko in that game also runs a shop, and it's also called Neko's Shop.
- Speaking of which, how a ship from Enigmata: Genu's Revenge is called the Guardian of Mana just further highlights this.
- Plus, "neko" means "cat" in Japanese.